Nostra - Installation -- Apr 13 2009, 12:53 PM
Contents of this document
- 1. Primary: Login to your wp-admin area and go to Appearance -> Themes. Select Install tab and click on Upload link. Select theme .zip and click on Install now button. If you have any errors, use alternate method described below (step 2).
- 2. Upload the whole folder (Nostra) to your server Via FTP and place it in the /wp-content/themes/ folder. Do not change the directory name. The template files should thus be here now: /wp-content/themes/Nostra/index.php (for example).
- 3. CHMOD directory Nostra/cache to 777 permissions.
- 4. Check the CHMOD for other files. It must be 644 for the files and 755 for the folders.
- 5. Log into your WP admin panel and click on the Design tab. Now click on the Nostra theme to activate it.
- 6. Note: When first clicking the theme to activate it, the preview panel will show that the theme contains "errors", but this is only because you haven't set up the Theme Options yet.
- 7. Go to Nostra Options and setup Advanced Categories, News from Category and all required fields. Click "Update Options"
- 8. Check Section 2 and Section 3 - Basic configuration if you have installed the template for the first time and need to make the initial setup and adjustments.
Explaining Theme Options
Nostra incorporates a user-friendly theme options page to allow you easily customise / tweak a variety of options for the theme without having to touch the code. The theme options are located under the Nostra Options tab in your WordPress admin panel. Here is an explanation of all the options that can be found on this page:
(Note: Options marked with * are required to be completed, otherwise your theme might not function properly.)
- Meta Description - Enter a blurb about your site here, and it will show up on the tag. Useful for SEO.
- Blog Permalink - URL of the blog main category, i.e. http://www.yourdomain.com/category/blog/ or http:// www.yourdomain.com /?cat=3 if permalinks are disabled
- Intro page – choose the page for the Intro text on the main page of the site.
- Footer Intro page – Left – Select the Page to show the smaller introduction page on the homepage.
- Footer Intro page – Right - Select the Page to show the smaller introduction page on the homepage.
Front Page Layout
- Featured Entries – the number of displayed Featured entries. Set 1 if you do not want to display the tabber.
- Featured Entries Category is a category for fetured posts on the main page of your site.
- Logo - Choose the logo you would like to use.
- Favorite Icons - Choose the favorite icon you would like to use.
This block enables you to manage the colour scheme of your site, i.e. adjust the colour of links, fonts, change the background color.
RSS and Statistics Settings
- Google Analytics ID – Google Analytics ID. Start with UA
- Feedburner URL - Feedburner URL. This will replace RSS feed link. Start with http://
Adsense Account Settings
- Google Ad Client ID - Put your Google Ad Client ID here. (Eg. pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX).
The configuration during the first installation of the template is simple but requires some attention. Ths chapter will help you to install and adjust the template without any problems. The theme is fully widgetized, which means that during the first installation you will have to add and adjust all the elements yourself.
Having activated the theme click the link Configure or go to the section Nostra Optioins. Here choose all the necessary parameters: Intro page, Footer Intro page – Left, Footer Intro page – Right, set up Blog Permalink, configure parameters for Front page Layout.
You should adjust or create categories so that the Blog category appears to be the upper one. All other blog categories to be displayed should be created as a child category. Thus, the structure of your blog should be as follows:
- Blog (first level)
- Blog category 1 (child level)
- Blog category 2
- Blog category 3
- Featured article category (first level)
Copy the Blog permalink and insert it to the field Blog Permalink. Depending on the settings of your permalinks the link may look as follows: http://www.yourdomain.com/category/blog/ or like this http://www.yourdomain.com/?cat=3
While configuring you will need the pages for the sections of the Intro page, Footer Intro page – Left, Footer Intro page – Right. Create new pages in wordpress admin, you can laso split your page and insert the link Read more using the standard tag (this is optional).
Having configured the main options you can start adding widgets. Pay attention to the specially designed NattyWP widgets, located at the bottom of the list. The theme supports 4 positions for widgets. These are:
- Sidebar (Home page, archives) – these widgets will be displayed on the main page of the site, in the category and in the archives of your blog.
- Sidebar (Blog) – widgets will be displayed only in the section Blog of your site.
- Single posts – these are displayed on the post page, under the text.
- Header widgets. – header widgets.
Widgets used in the demo on NattyWP
Sidebar (Home page, archives):
- NattyWP Feedburner subscription
- NattyWP Latest News
- NattyWP Twitter
- Text widget
- NattyWP combo 125x125
- NattyWP Flickr
- NattyWP Banner
lL3HpX <a href="http://nixczgdtnqce.com/">nixczgdtnqce</a>, [url=http://lbkpkurmmarm.com/]lbkpkurmmarm[/url], [link=http://bydtibwnaqur.com/]bydtibwnaqur[/link], http://ydnezqtabztk.com/
RbdNDg <a href="http://ohqcnjwylsfi.com/">ohqcnjwylsfi</a>, [url=http://flaevjrfckob.com/]flaevjrfckob[/url], [link=http://xfsjuztulgtd.com/]xfsjuztulgtd[/link], http://pwgjtkokqaml.com/
Da0AVG <a href="http://dgcecpmoqvie.com/">dgcecpmoqvie</a>, [url=http://dchpjlbvtimj.com/]dchpjlbvtimj[/url], [link=http://eoardteuphtt.com/]eoardteuphtt[/link], http://ouayrkejqycf.com/
sVWdsP <a href="http://afovyatgswuc.com/">afovyatgswuc</a>, [url=http://lykpfoflsqcs.com/]lykpfoflsqcs[/url], [link=http://daexturbavjl.com/]daexturbavjl[/link], http://pvjakrbdmmnn.com/