iLicious - Installation -- Sep 25 2011, 10:59 AM
Contents of this document
- 1. Primary: Login to your wp-admin area and go to Appearance -> Themes. Go to Install tab and click on Upload link. Select theme .zip and click "Install Now" button. Almost done. Now go to step 3. If you have any errors, use alternate method.
- 2. Alternate: Upload the whole folder (iLicious) to your server Via FTP and place it in the /wp-content/themes/ folder. Do not change the directory name, it case sensetive. The template files should thus be here now: /wp-content/themes/Ilicious/index.php (for example).
- 3. CHMOD directory cache (wp-content/themes/Ilicious/cache) to 777 permissions. To read more about File Permissions you can go here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions
- 4. Now, it's time to setup main Theme Options. Go to iLicious Options and configure all required fields. Click "Update Options"
- 5. Check Section 2 and Section 3 - Basic configuration if you have installed the template for the first time and need to make the initial setup and adjustments.
Explaining Theme Options
iLicious theme is a perfect solution for promoting your content, products etc. Using Theme Options settings you can configure all the main theme features. Here is the list of all available settings you'll find.
- Custom Logo - Upload custom logo, or specify the image address.
- Logo Text - Custom logo text for Cufon font replacement tool.
- Home Link Text - Enter default Home link text. You can also replace home link and URL using Custom Menu
- Meta Description - Enter a blurb about your site here, and it will show up on the tag. Useful for SEO.
- Show Fullposts? - Showing fullposts instead of post summary.
- Favorite Icons - Choose the favorite icon you would like to use or upload your own icon to Upload your icon to /wp-content/themes/iLicious/images/icons/
Front Page - Slider
- Homepage Scrolling pages - To specify scrolling pages you should add images for pages first and then select which pages to use for scrolling here.
- Thumbnail assignment - Use the "Image" custom field or the first uploaded post image.
- Enable Dynamic Image Resizer - This will enable dynamic image Resizer. Turn it off if you have any problems with thumbnails on your site.
- Slideshow Thumbnail Width - Thumbnail for homepage slider (navigation)
- Slideshow Thumbnail Height - Thumbnail for homepage slider (navigation)
- Post Image Width - Custom image Width in Pixels
- Post Image Height - Custom image Height in Pixels
- Product Width - Custom image Width in Pixels (for product page)
- Product Height - Custom image Height in Pixels (for product page)
Site Statistics Settings
- Feedburner URL - Feedburner URL. This will replace RSS feed link. Start with http://
- Facebook URL - Facebook URL. Start with http://
- Twitter URL - Twitter URL. Start with http://
- Flickr URL - Flickr URL. Start with http://
- Dribble URL - Dribble URL. Start with http://
- Contact Email - Enter the email address where contact for submissions should be sent. (i.e., email@example.com)
- Subject - Enter the email subject used for contact form messages.
- Page Text - Enter the message you want to appear above the contact form.
- Thank You Message - Enter thank you message - the visitor will see after sending.
Ok, after you activated iLicious theme you'll see Theme Options panel. Here you can manage all theme options. Your theme will be installed with pre-defined homepage scrolling images which you can replace by your own.
If this a new Wordpress install, fill you blog with some content. Create posts, pages and categories. Here is some basic configuration tips:
How to configure Homepage Pages Scroller?
Please read Adding slide images tutorial on our blog.
How to add Contact Form?
- 1. Create a new page, enter a page title.
- 2. On the right menu select Contact template in a Template section.
- 3. Fill the page with content and click on Update post button.
How to add Products?
Products taxonomy works exactly the same like WordPress Categories/Posts. You should add Sections (categories) and then Products (posts). To create a Product list page, like on our demo, you should do the following:
- 1. Create new Page and name in Products (or pick any other name).
- 2. On the right side find Page Attributes and for Template select Products from drop-down list.
- 3. Publish this new page and add it to menu.
Having configured the main options you can start adding widgets. Pay attention to the specially designed NattyWP widgets. The theme supports 5 positions for widgets. These are:
- Sidebar (Main) – This is the main widget area. You can add and configure all available widgets here. Using other 3 widget spaces are optional.
- Sidebar (Post and Page) – This replace Sidebar Main widgets for the inner pages and posts.
- Sidebar (Product) – Separate widget for single Product page.
- Homepage Footer Left – widget displays on your homepage only.
- Homepage Footer Right – widget displays on your homepage only.
Widgets used in the demo on NattyWP
- Personal Networks - Connect Us
- Twitter Updates
- Latest Videos
- Tabbed Archives
- NattyWP 125x125 Banner Widget
- Flickr Photos
- Text Widget - Our Portfolio
- Custom Navigation
- Contact Form - Email Us
Read more about Page content formatting here.